Thursday, March 17, 2016

Linux Mint 17 and Genius Mousepen i608x

In short it works. With little work but no bells and whistles attached.

My old love of drawing and painting reiginite, the urge get stronger each day so the other day I bought an affordable digital pen solution from Genius, the i608x. As the name implies this digital pen has a 6" by 8" working space that is a plenty especially if you come from mouse painting, like I did.
The hardware itself is fun to use and takes a little time to get used to which is natural after all this is how we learn to draw.

So let's get this digital pen works!
All you need is go to digimend's site and download the badly needed driver and install it. That easy, to make things easier please be sure to install Gdebi Package Installer via software manager beforehand, so you can install the driver with double-clicking.

The basic function like movement and multi-pressure works, but the mouse (which I don't use) and the nice-to-have shortcuts pads don't.


It serves me well, I do want to use the better solution from Wacom but I have to sell my artworks first to justify that purchase financially and morally.


So, next time I'll blog about my favorite painting application.

No comments:

Post a Comment